What are the tracks in this release? What are the differences between this and previous releases?
BodyPump, the resistance training workout class from Les Mills, celebrates 25 years with new moves, new tempos, and new positions.
It is easy to be intimidated by the free weight areas in most gyms. The stares, the grunts, the feeling of not being quite sure what to do. Les Mills BodyPump is a class-based resistance workout that aims to get more people into strength training. Instructor-led exercises choreographed to dance music tracks engage even the most weights-phobic gym goer.
As well as providing a supportive environment for women to get into weight training, the classes also encourage men to take part in group exercise sessions.
BodyPump 100 launched around the world on Saturday 14th January. As you can see from the following tracklist, each track targets a different muscle group.
BodyPump 100 Track Listing:
- Warmup: This Is What You Came For – Calvin Harris featuring Rihanna
- Squats: Kraken – Knife Party & Tom Staar [Alternative: Feel Your Love (DBSTF Remix) – Dannic & Sick Individuals]
- Chest: Bad Man – Pitbull featuring Robin Thicke, Joe Perry, & Travis Barker
- Back: Creation – Seven Lions featuring Vok [Alternative: Turn Up – The Heavy]
- Triceps: Me Too – Meghan Trainor
- Biceps: Who’s With Me – Flo Rida
- Lunges: No Money – Galantis [Alternative: Bailar – Deorro featuring Elvis Crespo]
- Shoulders: NRG – Chase & Status featuring Novelist [Alternative: Tic Tic Tic – Dada Life featuring Lizzy Hale]
- Core: Wherever I Go – OneRepublic
- Cooldown: Just Like Fire – P!nk
The squat track kicks things off by hitting you hard with a new tempo, the triple pulse. The chest track introduces a new hand position, the mid-grip, to pre-fatigue the chest prior to using the wide-grip in the second half of the track. The press pull-over is back in the triceps track. The shoulder track concentrates on contrast training, using barbell and bodyweight exercises. The new move in this track is the slow clean and press.